Reach Your Goals with Fully Funded Gates Cambridge Scholarship Programme 2023/2024 at University of Cambridge, UK
The Gates Cambridge International Scholarship was created in 2000 through a donation from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation to the University of Cambridge. With a donation value of $210 million, this was the largest single donation ever received by a UK university. Since then, Gates Cambridge has been enriching the lives of many young individuals through valuable education.
The University of Cambridge is inviting students to apply for the Gates Cambridge International Scholarship programme for the 2023/2024 academic year. This scholarship is aimed at students from outside the UK who want to pursue postgraduate studies in any subject available at the University of Cambridge.
About two-thirds of the awards will be given to PhD students, with 25 awards available in the US round and 55 awards available in the International round.
Expenses Covered By The Gates Cambridge International Scholarship
The Gates Cambridge International Scholarship will cover the following expenses:
- Full tuition fees at the University of Cambridge
- Immigration Health Surcharge
- Inbound Visa costs
- Maintenance allowance for a single student (an amount of £18,744 for 12 months at the 2022/2023 rate; pro-rate for courses that are less than a year. PhD students will be funded up to 4 years.)
- A single economy airfare (one for the beginning and another for the end of your course)
- University composition fee (the compensation fee varies from student to student)
Expenses covered on a discretionary basis:
- Academic development funding (£500 – £2000) depending on the length of your course
- Family allowance (up to £10,944 for one child and £15,612 for two or more)
- Fieldwork funding for PhD students
- Hardship funding for unforeseen circumstances
- Maternity/paternity funding, if necessary
To be eligible for the Gates Cambridge International Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- You must NOT be a UK citizen (must be a citizen of any other country)
- You must plan on studying at the University of Cambridge in 2023
- You must plan on studying towards one of these qualifications: PhD (full-time or part-time), Masters of Letters (full-time), or 1-year Post Graduate course (full-time)
- You must have a strong academic background
- You must be willing to relocate
- You must be committed to improving the lives of others
- You must demonstrate strong leadership abilities
How To Apply For The Gates Cambridge Scholarship
Applications must be submitted online via the University’s Graduate Application Portal. Applicants must complete the section to apply for admission to a course and a College place and the Gates Cambridge part of the funding section.
When applying for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship, you will be asked to provide the following:
- A statement explaining your reason for applying for the scholarship and how you meet the main criteria (approximately 500 words)
- Research proposal (PhD applicants)
- A reference
Applicants should visit and watch the video of the Gates Cambridge International Scholarship application process on the University’s website for more information.
Important Dates For The Gates Cambridge Scholarship
The application deadlines depend on the course you are applying for. Please check the course directory for the appropriate application deadline. The Departmental Ranking will commence from December 2022 to February 2023. Applicants will be notified about the outcome of their application by 3 March 2022. The review and selection by the panel of judges will commence in March 2023, and scholarships will be awarded at the end of March 2023. All scholarships should be accepted within 72 hours of being offered.
For any queries related to this scholarship programme, please contact the University of Cambridge directly:
- Visit the University of Cambridge help portal
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application queries: email@example.com
You may be interested in:
- Apply For The UWE Millennium Scholarship for International Students: Empowering Excellence and Global Engagement
- University College Dublin (UCD) Global Excellence Scholarships For South Africans
- Central Queensland University RTP Scholarship 2023-24: Fully Funded Opportunity for Master’s and PhD Students