Lasizwe Surprises Lucky Fan By Agreeing To Be Her Matric Dance Partner
South African social media sensation, Lasizwe, also known as Thulasizwe Siphiwe Dambuza, created a buzz on Instagram on Friday, 25 August, when he announced his heartwarming decision to attend one of his fan’s matric dances.
Lucky Fan’s Dream Comes True
A dedicated young woman, LuckkyySA, who frequently shares her TikTok content, caught the attention of Lasizwe. With a fervent desire to have him as her matric dance partner, LuckkyySA had been posting TikTok videos expressing her wish. The 25-year-old former YouTuber noticed her plea and granted her wish, creating a heartwarming moment.
A Lavish Surprise
Lasizwe took to his popular Instagram page, boasting over a million followers, to share his surprise for the enthusiastic fan. Arriving at her school in style, Lasizwe drove up in a luxurious Range Rover with a personalized license plate reading “It’s A Yes.” Dressed impeccably for the occasion, he left a lasting impression on the matriculants and his followers.
View this post on Instagram
As if that wasn’t enough, Lasizwe presented his future matric dance date with a bouquet of flowers and an adorable bracelet, creating an unforgettable memory for the young fan.
A Dream Fulfilled
Underneath an Instagram post showcasing the heartwarming moment, Lasizwe captioned, “A few weeks ago, I saw a TikTok of this young lady asking me to be her Matric Dance Partner. Soooo… I SAID ‘YES’!!! WE ARE GOING TO THE MATRIC DANCE.”
Advocating for Education
Lasizwe’s interest in educational matters is not new. Previously, he raised R1 million for the #FeesMustFall movement, highlighting the importance of accessible education for all. In an interview, he revealed that his own educational journey was hindered due to financial constraints after his mother’s passing.
Social Media Reactions
As news of Lasizwe’s heartwarming gesture spread, social media users expressed their excitement and admiration:
- “Is anybody going to talk about the number plate? The effort is remarkable!” – @lediink
- “Lungile took things to fairyland. The joy alone!” – @sammy4jj
- “You have such a beautiful heart Lasizwe, God bless you.” – @gabymotsidisi
- “Look how excited Lungile is, you’d swear it’s like you’re getting married. For a change, he’s excited you didn’t go on a date with ‘umfana’. I love you and your brother though.” – @millicent_kgongoane
- Music Producer DJ Maphorisa Gets Assault Case Withdrawn by NPA
- ‘Why are you tagging brands?’ Katlego Maboe’s Baby Mama Gets Her Motives Questioned
- Kelly Khumalo Faces Backlash For Raunch Dressing At A Gospel Concert