Emtee-Image Source(Instagram)Emtee-Image Source(Instagram)

From The Studio To The Station| Emtee Turns Himself In Over Wife Assault Claims

Award-winning rapper Mthembeni Ndevu, also known as Emtee surrendered himself to police on Wednesday at Midrand Police Station after his estranged wife, Nicole Chinsamy, filed assault charges against him.

Chinsamy has accused the Manando hitmaker of physically assaulting her on Valentine’s Day, despite her being pregnant.

A video of Emtee arguing with Chinsamy and her mother, which has since gone viral, was posted on March 3rd.

During the argument captured in the viral video, Ndevu can be heard questioning why his mother-in-law was present in their home. She replied that she was there to protect her daughter from him.

In the same viral video, Chinsamy is seen approaching the camera with her cellphone, which displays a picture of her bruised and swollen eye allegedly caused by the assault.

“This is what he did to me,” she said. “Show them what you did to me, how you beat me up on Valentine’s Day. Here’s the proof,” she tells Ndevu.

“Here’s the proof. Beat me up while I’m seven months pregnant,” she said.

In the video, Ndevu can be heard denying the allegations and preventing his wife from showing more images from her cell phone.

Last week, Women for Change, an organization against women abuse, announced that Chinsamy had pressed charges against Ndevu.

However, the rapper denied the allegations on Twitter, posting:

“Both mother and daughter took turns, choking me, tryna suffocate me. Now the weightlifting brother is threatening to kill me. Can I be single, please? I’m a man of peace. Somebody, please help! She even called the police on me twice, but I was completely innocent. They even took my weed. She says I hit her but it is the other way around, and she cusses at me.”

City Press reports that police spokesperson Mavela Masondo confirmed Ndevu’s arrest and subsequent court appearance.

“As per the case you provided, the police can confirm that the suspect handed himself to the police and he was charged with assault and taken to court where he was granted bail.

“He handed himself in on Wednesday, March 8, and he was taken to the Midrand Magistrates’ Court the same day,” he said.

The publication further reports that there is no comment from either Ndevu or Chinsamy as their phones rang unanswered.

By jd

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *